More than 80,000 children are served in the state's 21st Century Learning program and more than 65,000 in the School Readiness program!
FAN's Latest News
- This year's Florida Afterschool Conference is part of FDOE's Student Success Summit and will be held October 20-24th at the World Center Marriott in Orlando. Click here to register.
- The Zero Robotics Middle School Finals Competition was held on Friday August 15th, 2014! Florida fought hard against big rival Massachusetts. It was a close match but Massachusetts pulled out on top. Congratulations to the overall winning region, Maryland/DC, represented by the Empower Wicomico team! You can watch a recording of the webcast at this link: webcast.amps.ms.mit.edu/fall2014/spheres/15aug/.
- Bright House Networks is proud to present Bright Ideas STEM from Today's Youth... a multi-state competition where high school students show how STEM can bring their idea to life! Students are challenged to come up with a Bright Idea that takes on a new problem, or approaches a familiar problem in a fresh, imaginative new way! High School students who are at least 14 years old can join in on the fun and see how their Bright Ideas can make a difference and change the world! To find out more about this competition Click Here.
- Science and History in Jacksonville is holding a FREE STEM professional development workshop on September 20th, 2014 from 8:30am - 3pm. Do you teach an afterschool program? Make sure to register for this FREE hands-on workshop designed to give you the tools you need to integrate STEM learning into your afterschool program. Register now.
- TEDxAfterschool STEM event: FAN is coordinating an event December 18th, 2014, at the Florida Institute of Technology (Florida Tech) Main Campus. We're looking for inspiring and motivational speakers! Contact Joe Davis or Samantha Thornstensen for more information.
- The Achievement Gap is Real. New Research shows that Afterschool is a Real Solution linked to Closing the Gap! Highlights of Dr. Deborah Lowe Vandell's research are found in a new informational brochure made available from the Expanded Learning & Afterschool Project.
- Lights On Afterschool is Thursday, October 23rd. Start planning early for your event. There will be an LOA celebration for Student Success Summit attendees.